Feb 3, 2009

034 Guess What I'm Doing?

A friend of mine is getting next month and I offered to do some sewing for her. I love to be able to do this for people. She decided she didn't want a fancy wedding dress (her mom says it's a costume... I loved that!); she will be getting a new temple dress for the marriage and sealing at the Manti Temple.

So I am making what I refer to as her "wedding ensemble". Her colors are brown, green and cream- YUMMY! The calf-length dress is the brown and the knee-length coat is the yummy green faux suede! I spread it all out on my wonderful 9 foot kitchen counter to cut it all out last Friday. (Gordon asked, "What would you do if you didn't have this counter?" My sad answer was crawl around on the floor! I used to do that all the time. But, boy, is it hard on my back now!)

Today I started the sewing... with a couple of fittings I should be finished in a couple of weeks.

Photobucket
FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerGrids-9, NRJ_CHALK_OVER1, PinkOctober_2ps_FreeCopyright2007

5 comments:

Dean and Sheri said...

Okay...I just want you to know that I am looking forward to a photo post of the finished product too!
Love, Sheri

Joanie said...

Yes, I already have that planned!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Almost makes me wish I was better a sewing...almost. But yeah, like I need another hobby! (Oh, and I am awesome at shopping...so who needs to be able to sew well...I burn more calories hoofing it around the mall anyway!)

Sandie's Spot said...

YOU ROCK!
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!
Can't wait to see the final product either. You're the best!

debra said...

Oooh- I can't wait to see the finished product either!
SO EXCITED AM I!