Mar 24, 2009

083- A Good Day

I have a theory... if you use up all your energy when you are young then you are tired when you get old. Camille tells me she thinks even if you *save* your energy you will still be tired when you get old. Maybe she's right...

She also asked me if taking care of the boys was like being a mom again; my answer is no... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I get to enjoy my little boys but I know I don't have to get up this early and do this much work for the next 10 years ;)!

But this was a good day. The boys have been very cooperative. They've gotten up on time (sort of) and we HAVE been out the door and to the bus stop with a few minutes to spare. I DID take my camera this day... so I could snap a photo of my little darlings getting onto the bus. I just love this Lomo action. It adds such depth to the photo.

083- school bus
FONTS- Problem Secretary, CK Cursive, BRUSH- KPertiet_LedgerFrames, (A2D)_Lomo

After school Brock and Caden both got their homework done speedy-quick and got to play with friends (Tadhg did too, but his friend was busy). Brock went to Q's house and Caden had M come over here (can you say Hillside Taxi?) I was inside and in comes M, "Grammie, Caden wants you to come and see what he is doing!" (I like that I am Grammie to everybody!) I found him up one of the beautiful pines that grow in abundance around here. I boosted M up and got several shots of my little monkey-boys up a tree. Doesn't M look like he belongs in this family with his red hair? (M's sister is a brunette like Caden... suppose there was a mix up? Nope, because Caden looks just like his Mama.)

083- Caden and friend

The boys went to be on time and now Grammie has a few minutes to play with all the photos she took today and make a wonderful memory for years to come.

Yes... it was a very good day!

4 comments:

Lillie said...

Hmm. Both pictures are nice, but I like the boys in the tree best. Maybe because I like climbing tree more that going to school? Who Knows.

Skinner Family said...

What a good grammie you are. It is so nice that you happily agreed to help out so mom and dad could have a break. Clay's mom was so good to help out with our little darlings when we went on our vacation in Feb. It is so comforting knowing they are in good hands. Have fun!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Really cute "up the tree" shot! I love the lomo action too. It can really make certain photos just sing.

Cindy

Mom and Dad said...

I love the serious Boy-Faces up in that tree. Are they earning man-points by being daring??
Great, great, delightful photo!
Annie