Jun 27, 2010

178- Camille & Kevin's Wedding Quilt

Way back on Day 098 I blogged about starting Camille and Kevin's wedding quilt. Then on Day 107 I had a little rant because apparently in my diminished mental capacity I couldn't add 1 + 1+ 3 and come up with 5 in my little-girl-mind! In between those two date I had several other posts about shopping for the fabric, receiving it, cutting the fabric wrong... ordering more fabric and cutting it correctly.

I worked pretty consistently on the top getting all the blocks sewn into the rows until Auntie P arrived the around the beginning of May and I went into *crazy-woman-sewing-dresses-mode*. Then it waited patiently for me, as quilts always do, until I finally got back to it a couple of weeks ago.

And now, NOW, it is finished!

178- finished quilt 1

I'm pleased with the end results and hope that the happy couple will be as well. I made matching pillow cases to go along with it.

178- finished quilt 2

But here is the funny thing... for the last 3 months (well, 81 days to be exact) I've been pretty much obsessed with *SEW SOMETHING*! Today I walked into my workroom and looked at my quiet Sabbath sewing machine and thought, "Hmmm, what do I have to sew?" The answer is, NOTHING! YAY!

Ahh, but there is that quilt, you know the kind... the one that's been patiently waiting since spring of 2009 that is calling to me. Maybe I need some fabric therapy starting tomorrow!

BTW- If you would like to have the pattern for Camille and Kevin's Chang Quilt drop me a line and I will get you one.

3 comments:

Anke said...

that is one amazing quilt!!! Good for you to have it finished, it really turned out beautiful!!!

Emily said...

The quilt is just BEAUTIFUL!! What a treasure for Camille and Kevin! I love the colors.

Sarah E Boucher said...

It's gorgeous...and definitely not too girlie. I'm pretty sure that I'd have to have a little girlie in my bedroom, regardless of the men :)