Aug 22, 2010

233- Our Newest *Grandchild*

About a month after Camille and Kevin got married Camille called me to tell me she *had some news*! I was pretty sure it wasn't that news...

She told me they had a new baby kitten. Poor baby kitty had been dumped up by the golf course and Charlie, her new bother-in-law (bwahahahaha, I had to leave this typo!), found him under the dumpster!

Understandably, he was a little skittish at first. Yesterday I went to Camille and Kevin's house to take care of *for real* grandchildren while they went to her staff back-to-school BBQ. I beat her to her house so I let myself in. I did my normal *kitty-call* a high, quick, meow-meow-meow-meow and got an immediate response from baby Simon! (He already knows his Grammie!)

233- simon

Simon came trotting out of the nether-regions where kitties lurk when no one is home and was pleased to be picked up and loved. I saw he was low on water so I filled his little dish. After drinking he was ready for more loves.

That funny little baby-cat-Simon curled up high on my chest, right under my neck, and promptly went to sleep! I had to disturb him to make dinner for B,K & E but each time I sat back down he was there to snuggle up with his Grammie.

He has the most beautiful markings. I thought these markings were called tortoise but after some research I find that tortoiseshell is the same as calico. He is probably a classic tabby "having a whirled and swirled pattern with wider stripes that make what are referred to as "butterfly" patterns on their shoulders, and usually a bullseye or oyster pattern on the flank. The legs and tail are more heavily barred and the pattern is variable with respect to the width of the bands."(cited here) I also learned that Tabby isn't a breed or even a color but a pattern found in many breeds.

233- simon's markings

I think that little Simon will be a happy addition to Camille and Kevin's new home! And I'm pleased to have a new little grand-kitty.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky baby to be in such a loving forever home and have such a great grammie. He's beautiful.

Shan said...

Oh my goodness, Grammie! That is the most beautiful kitty I've ever seen. I've always wanted one with those markings. (Only don't tell Hank.) Simon and Hank actually have many things in common. Maybe they could be kitty BFFs. Simon came form under a dumpster and Hank Hank came from trailer trash. Plus, also, Hank's most favorite place to lay is on my chest. When he was a tiny baby it was really cute. Now 14 pounds later it's still really cute only I don't breathe as much. To make a long story even longer, I LOVE that Simon! Maybe tell Camille to keep an eye on Simon because the next time I go to Kesk's house Simon may accidently wander into my car...

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

He is the cutest little thing! He's going to be a beautiful adult too. I can see the classic "M" on his forehead which means he's from American Domestic Shorthair stock... the best there is! That's why he's such a love. He's going to be a wonderful kitty.