Aug 29, 2010

241- Hummingbird Dilemma

Thanksgiving Point gardens draw sweet little hummingbird. As we toured the gardens we saw several but they were always to fast for me. As we returned to the *club house* an adventurous little soul came right up to this big, sweet pot of blossoms and started sipping.

241- hummingbird 1

I had on my standard 18-55mm lens so I do have zoom capabilities, but I was surprised with how close she let me move in.

241- hummingbird 2

I also keep my camera set on burst mode so I was able to get lots of good shots of her selecting the sweetest nectar these beautiful flowers had to offer.

241- hummingbird 3

Then all of a sudden she jerked into hyper-reverse-lift... I wasn't approaching any more... what had spooked her?

241- hummingbird 4

I see her dilemma! And she was having NOTHING to do with this *ill tempered-rodent* wasp. Can't say that I blame her in the least.

241- hummingbird 5

4 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

WOW! That's cool that you caught the whole sequence! I'm impressed. I guess the only thing that would tear her away from those delectable lantana flowers was that nasty wasp.

Jessica said...

Those are amazing photos!

Anke said...

How the heck did you do that! Amazing photos!!! I love lantana!

Mom and Dad said...

I have to get a camera with a faster shutter. I doubt I could have gotten the hummingbird at all with all the flitting they do. Good job, Joanie. You have an eye for these things.