Aug 31, 2010

243- My Great Pleasure

Gordon uses a phrase, "It's my great pleasure." I like it. I like to be able to use it.

Today I took my friend, DeLoris, out to the last of $2 Tuesdays at Thanksgiving Point to see the gardens. It was my redemption for forgetting to take her a promise dinner on Sunday afternoon... yes, I know, I'm a sad sorry little girl with maximal brain-dysfunction!

243- italian garden

As I was getting ready to leave Gordon reminded me that I must get a golf cart to tour the gardens. It is always the best decision to listen to him when he has a good idea.

On our way down the hill we met an older couple picnicking in the shade; she was in a wheelchair and he was the pusher! We had a short conversation about the wisdom of renting a golf cart.

One of our first stops was at the koi pond.

243- deloris

Are these just the biggest bunch of piggy-fish you've ever seen? Look at all those hungry-fat-begger-fish mouths. Eww, and they have whiskers!

243- koi

We ran into our older couple again at the rose garden and he was looking very tired. We agreed that we'd meet them at the bottom of the up hill. After the rose garden we saw them again and he was lookin' so hang-dog. I told them to hop on the back and we would treat them to the rest of the tour.

After a foot tour of my favorite place, the Secret Garden, we motored the rest of the tour.

243- secret garden

When we reached the top the our new friends were very appreciative and I got to tell them, "It was my very great pleasure!"

4 comments:

Denise said...

Gordon saw Cooper and I on a walk with Cooper running and pulling me. Gordon asked, "who's walking who?" Made me smile:)

Dean and Sheri said...

Oh, I love the photo of your sweet friend, Delores! I think I'd like to meet her one of these days. The photo of the coy is positively "lickable"! But...it IS coy...that would be GROSS! The color though...LICKABLE.

Anke said...

Gorgeous photos, you make it look like such a magical place

Mom and Dad said...

It is MY VERY GREAT PLEASURE,Joanie Baloney, to hear of a sweet afternoon my gracious sister had with friends old and new.
I love Gordon's phrase!
Love you!!