Nov 6, 2010

309- Sweets Ballroom

My sister, Sue, shared a photo with me that I will now share with you. She says-
"I thought you would appreciate this vintage picture of Sweets Ballroom in Oakland, where Mom and Daddy first met. Back then it hosted Big Bands. The ballroom still exists today and is still called Sweets Ballroom, but of course the place has been modernized and hosts some unusual entertainment. A quick Google search will give you a taste."

309- sweets ballroom oakland

I can't help but think of the words to Brad Paisley's song Two People Fell in Love-
There ain't nothin' not affected
When two hearts get connected
All that is, will be, or ever was
Every single choice we make
Every breath we get to take
Is all because two people fell in love

You know, to me it's all so clear
Every one of us is here
All because two people fell in love

If you'd like to see pics of my folks click on the *Mom and Daddy* tag below.

No comments: