Nov 9, 2010

313- Hunger Games

It is a sickness... that's all I have to say!

Well, maybe not.

The fact is that I love to read, and as with many folks, when I read it tends to take over my life. I'm not so bad that I take it with me when I go out to dinner and read it under the table (I got that off the back of the jacket cover) but I do find myself drawn to my big comfy chair, or better yet, my bed to curl up and read for hours on end.

There is also a definite advantage to jumping on the band-wagon late... I didn't have to wait for years for each of the two successive books to come out. I've burned through them in about a week.

313- hunger games

So how do I rate the story? It's a bit violent but seems to be well written and, a big plus, there is NO PROFANITY! What a refreshing change to read an author who doesn't feel compelled to fill her stories with unnecessary profanity.  I've deserted several author for that reason.

I still haven't finished Mockingjay, so until then I will hold off on my final opinion.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really loved the series as a whole. I agree with the writing too. Let us know what you think when you finish Mockingjay. We did this book for our book club a couple of months ago.

Mary

Laura H said...

Suzanne Collins also has some great younger age books. Mary didnt appreciate them but I like The Gregor series.