Mar 26, 2011

Just One Star

I'd like to share something that I did today. Maybe you would like to play too!


26- just one star

This is the note that I sent along with the blocks.

Hi Ladies-
     I discovered your flier in one of my favorite quilt shops, Cotton Shop in Provo, UT. I was so excited to see the project you are planning. I came right home, pulled fabric from my special Americana stash and made these blocks. I may end up sending more.
     Now, lest you think I am confused and don’t know who I am OR where I live I’ll tell you about my signatures on the blocks.
     • I started life as Joanie Caraway (living in a tiny town in Plumas County, in way-north California). I learned to sew at age 8. I had a wonderful 4-H teacher, Mary Griener, who was so picky I thought I would die. But as my sewing life has progressed I’ve blessed Mary’s name many times because she taught me the right way to do things!
     • Fast forward 21 years... Now I am Joanie Lewis. I moved to So Cal where, in 1995, one of my friends *infected* me with the quilting virus. I love it! I’d always sewed clothes for my 6 children, but by now they are too cool for Mom-wear... but nobody is too cool for a quilt!
     • Then, 6 years ago, my husband retired and we moved to Northern Utah where we have 9.5 of our 20 + two-on-the-way grandchildren and I spend part of my time trying to sew up all the fabric in my stash... problem is- I KEEP BUYING MORE!

     I‘ve put this info on my blog so I am hoping to drum up more blocks for this wonderful cause.

Still in stitches...

Joanie

26- just one star pattern
(IF YOU CLICK ON THIS PHOTO IT WILL TAKE YOU TO THE PHOTOBUCKET LINK WHERE YOU CAN VIEW IS LARGER.  YOU CAN ALSO RIGHT CLICK, COPY IMAGE AND THEN PASTE IT SO YOU CAN PRINT.)

Send untrimmed blocks to:

United Notions/Moda Fabrics
Attn: Just One Star Project
13800 Hutton
Dallas, TX 75234

No comments: