Jul 15, 2011

Busy Hands take a Vacation

It was a month yesterday since I had my bilateral carpal tunnel release. It seems like so much longer! As I type that short span of time I am able to be more patient with myself. I guess I didn't realize how busy my hands are or how much of an impact having them *surgered* would make.

The scars are still very hard (I say they feel like a pork-chop bone. My body always does this with scars. They will soften with time) and my hands are tender. I can't do much that requires palm strength and especially not pushing! Yikes. I've become adept at knuckling my way around (hmm, like a chimp?) instead of using my palm. It's amazing what we don't realize when we have a normal healthy body!

hands @ 1 mo

I thank my Heavenly Father every day for the continued healing! And I'm grateful to I know that 6 to 12 months from now I will have my hands back, strong and healthy without the tingling, pain and numbness from pre-surgery days.

But for now... these two little not-quite-so-little hands are taking a vacation. (Thank you Stuart for taking over the lawn mowing!)

No comments: