Jul 26, 2015

These Women... My Besties

About thirty years ago these two women moved to Palmdale CA and into my heart.


JOANIE, HOLLY, PAULINE
APRIL 4, 2014
Stuart & Stephanie's wedding
Pauline moved to Palmdale in March 1985. She found out I was pregnant with twins and decided right then that she wanted to be my friend. I'd never had anyone *choose* me for a friend before, let alone someone who was prepared to help me through a very difficult situation... three babies in 21 months.

Holly moved in before that in 1984. She had a tiny boy, Tom, just 3 months older than Spencer. She lived just around the corner and we were walking buddies.

We had our yearly Christmas Eve party at Auntie P's house, worked together at church and were there for each other through all of the highs and lows that come to everyone. We were the constant for each other in that changing sea of life. We've seen the good, the bad, the ugly... and everything else in between!

Pauline, Holly and Sonja all have birthdays at the end of the year and started having a yearly November girls-get-away. A couple of years later they invited me to come along. If our friendship needed more cement, this was where it was formed.

SONJA, PAULINE, HOLLY, JOANIE
NOVEMBER 1995

Fast forward to this last week. My besties, sans Sonja, came for our girls old-lady get together (we don't have to get AWAY anymore!). We had the most delightful time. These wonderful sisters-by-choice loved on my babies, who now have their own babies.

JOANIE, HOLLY, PAULINE
JULY 24, 2015
Provo Temple to Temple 5K WALK/run
Holly said it best just before she had to leave for home.

"We have history!" 
We GET IT! 
We love each other! 
Now and for the next 30 years!

OMSH! I am so blessed to have this once-in-a-lifetime sisterhood with these marvelous friends and SISTERS-BY-CHOICE!!

No comments: