Sep 10, 2017

Happy Birthday Miss Fiona!

Somehow I've ended up with the wonderful job of Chief-birthday-cake-baker for some of my grandchildren. I love this job! The Mamas and, now with input from the birthday child herself, find a cake they want Grammie to duplicate.

For some wonderful, unknown reason I have been blessed with being a pretty good copy artist. I am so grateful for the many talents the Lord has blessed me with.

Camille and Fiona found the wonderful PURPLE party cake. The original had multicolored sprinkles that we couldn't find locally, but Camille and the Bitties went out Friday night and found a good substitute at Zonkos (aka Zurchers)! Sixlets.

Behold Miss Fiona's special PURPLE birthday cake.


This Bitty-girl was so thrilled when she found her wonderful cake, hiding under Grammie's make-shift cake carrier! (This is my great-aunt Esther's cake pedestal and it doesn't fit in my regular cake carrier so I yoinked a big plastic bucket I keep my Victorio strainer in. It is just right for a Miss Fiona to fit in, too!!)

We gathered in their backyard on this delightful late summer afternoon! Precious Sophie (and Jessica) brought Fiona this ballet costume. It was the PERFECT party dress for this wonderful girl.

Singing...


Inhale...


Blow...


Cut...


Dig in...


And the special ombre layers inside. (this is the same recipe that Bekah made for me on my birthday- Whipped Cream Cake)


This, THIS is a very happy and blessed Grammie...


1 comment:

Sarah E Boucher said...

So fun! I love all your yummy cakes. I keep wanting the pig pickin' cake...