May 7, 2008

Riley's Big Adventure

I promised to bring photos of my visit with Riley to a blog near you soon. Apparently I should have said… well, in a while. I arrived home from my trip to CA feeling almost as bad as I did when I left. I wimped out and called Gordon to come and save me. He drove to St George with Jake and Cody (who were staying with us for a week or so waiting to move into their new home) and drove me home from there. Jake and Cody drove home Gordon’s car. Then it was Women’s Conference and the weekend and catch up and Temple… so tonight I am finally getting it together.
I had such a lovely visit with Riley (Spencer & Tricia too… I always have to apologize to the mommies and daddies because they get moved to the backseat when they have babies… do you suppose that’s ok?)

The first night they arrived they’d been at Tricia’s grandparent’s house and Riley’s been “helping” Daddy and Grandpa in the garage! Actually he wasn’t as dirty as I thought he’d be. He loves his baths so we all traipsed into Auntie P’s little bathroom to get photos of the bathing beauty! He put on a good show for all of us. He is such a darling boy… too bad nobody likes this little guy!!!! He started hamming for the camera the minute he saw the binky light!




The next night they came to visit again and Riley really got to play with the “big dogs”… hmm, do doxies count as big dogs? Auntie P is doing foster care for a doxie-rescue. Both new dogs were very kind with Riley and Gidget appreciated the fact that she was not the sole recipient of all his love. The funny part of this evening was watching to see who the bigger begger dogs were… Riley or the real dogs!



I so appreciate that Spencer and Tricia will come and visit at Auntie P’s house, with Grampa Ralphie bed-bound it would be difficult for her to see Riley otherwise. This time I was able to get over to their apartment several times.

I feel so lucky that I am able to get to Palmdale frequently and see this darling little boy. I sure do love my family.

No comments: