Jan 22, 2008

Back in Class

I decided I was going to take an online digital scrapbooking class at JessicaSprague.com. I'm in a four week class - Now We're Rockin' with Photoshop. It is an intermediate class... just right for me. I am excited about all the things I am going to learn. Of course there is the huge learning curve when I first get started.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening doing this layout about Harley and Roxie. They came over for 3rd Sunday dinner. Roxie was so cute. She wasn't afraid of Harley, but blinked each time he came in for more doggie kisses. Sadly she is allergic to dog-slime and started breaking out in hives. A quick face wash took care of that problem.



One of the things I learned was how to use saturation/hue to make a sepia-tone photo and then add back in the color. I was very pleased with how easy it was. I just wish that Harley's tongue had shown up more.


I did my second layout in half the time it took for the first one. This time I manipulated the layers and added some more "torn" paper for this layout of little Riley. I am always amazed at how much he looks like Spencer.




But then I uploaded this photo of Spencer when he was 8 months old and I see how little Riley looks like his Mama too. He is so lucky to have two such good-looking parents... how could he not be cute?

The best part about scrapbooking is I have some of my favorite subjects to scrapbook about. Family is the greatest!

1 comment:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

You know... I may have to take that class too just because it looks like so much fun!

Love,
Cindy