Feb 9, 2008

You decide... (Sat Challenge)

Saturday (is a special day...) is always start to finish challenge at NWR. The idea is to take a photo (using the prompt as your guide) and then scrap the layout in 30 minutes! Can I just say that I only accomplished that the first week when I stayed up way too late (hmmm... I'm seeing a trend here!)

This week's prompt was our "nerdy little secret". The first thing that popped into my mind was my desire to organize everything especially by color. It all goes back to when I was a child... the first thing I wanted to do was get all of my crayons in color sequence (hence the background photo)

As I have gotten older this carried over into my quilting stash. I have a box (sometimes two) for every color with the fabric folded just so and standing on edge so it is like looking in that old box of crayons.

Then a few years ago when I was looking for my favorite red T-shirt and couldn't find it because it was hiding I decided my closet needed this same treatment. Now all I have to do it look through 4-5 shirts instead of the whole bunch... well, except for white. (Can anyone have too many white T-shirts?)

So the answer to "You Decide..." is "It just makes me happy..." Now some may say this is OCD but it is just so much easier to find things if they are color grouped!

2 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I know you already know this, but I do the same thing with my clothes closet! It just makes putting together outfit so much easier, doesn't it?

Love,
Cindy

QuiltMom said...

It is definitely "Because I Like It" and it also could be "Very Organized" -- because you are. What could make more sense than to sort by color? That way you don't have to paw through everything to find the red one! The only way it could be "OCD" would be if you were constantly checking to see if any of the colors had changed around. (tee-hee)