Feb 16, 2008

My View from here... daughter & friend

The NWR class is wrapping up this weekend. I am a little sad to already be at the end. But today's challenge sparked this layout.

It was several years ago that Bek and I were chatting on the phone and she said, "You know, Mom, just after Caden was born and we started hanging out."

It was said in such a casual way but it had a very profound impact on my heart. In those few short words was all the meaning - You are my friend, you are my buddy, you aren't just my mom! (and if computers could show tear-stains you would see them here!)


As a mother I've worked so hard to let my kids know that I love them so very much while still being the "heavy" and teaching them to do the right things. One of my favorite quotes is, "You teach your kids to grow-up and lead independent, responsible, adult lives... and then darned if they just don't go and DO IT!"

I am so grateful to call Rebekah my daughter, but more importantly, my friend.

No comments: