Sep 28, 2008

Maple Mountain

Fall is here! And, I love it. I love the cooler days (although we did have a few too warm days this last week) and the chilly nights. But I think the thing I love best about fall are the changing colors. I love the spilled paintbox look on the mountains and the dancing leaves in the streets.

Maple Mountain as seen from Hwy 89 between Springville and Spanish Fork, Ut
(color pop action by PSEFrank)

This year our local mountains have been particularly beautiful. Friday afternoon after running some errands the light was just right so I came home, grabbed my camera and set off in search of the perfect shot of Maple Mountain. I meandered along all the back roads from here clear down to Spanish Fork Canyon and then back again. I found that the best photos were the ones from further away instead of up close.

This very picturesque barn caught my eye. When I got home I had to play a little bit.

New red barn
(color pop and lomo actions by PSEFrank)

But the sweetest part of Maple Mountain is that I am able to see her from my bedroom window. I enjoy watching her change her clothes with the seasons and love her whether clad in her autumnal robes of gold and scarlet or in her white ermine coat for winter.

Captured this evening at sunset from my bedroom window
(color pop action by PSEFrank)

1 comment:

debra said...

Oh- it's SO pretty! You're one good picture taker lady! I love that mountain and the colors!