Sep 29, 2008

Cinnamon Gumdrops

Arriving home from a short errand I was surprised to see that Mother Nature had hung cinnamon gumdrops in my trees! I don't remember ever seeing a tree turn color in this fashion before. Instead of the tops being kissed with red it looked as if she'd hung large cinnamon gumdrops, Christmas ornament fashion, from my Bradford Pear and Elkhorn Sumac trees.


Have previous falls been this beautiful? I don't feel like I go through life with blinders on where nature is concerned but this year just seems better, nicer, more colorful than years past.





Each day is a treat for my eyes.

3 comments:

debra said...

I agree with you that this fall has been exceptional! Some people are saying it's not as good as it could be, but I think us Californians think ANY change is beautiful!

I'm LOVING it all and your beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

leannewitney said...

I love your blog! I always have a great time reading your entries, and look forward to what you post next. We miss living in the ward, but if things work out right- we will be back! (Sooner than later, we hope!)
Thanks for making me smile. -Leanne Witney

Aunt Debbi/kurts mom said...

very interesting.