Sep 8, 2011

Mutant Grape Tomatoes!

Sing it with me!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Teenaged-Mutant-Ninja-Tomatoes ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

... that is what comes to my mind every time I go pick my grape tomatoes. Are you all familiar with the yummy, small, sweet grape tomato? I thought I was too, until this year! But this... THIS is what I found the first time I went out to pick...  (and frankly these are smaller this time since the weather has cooled off a little).

mutant  grape tomatoes

Now I ask you... doesn't this look like a small Roma instead?

They are tasty, but not as tasty as the small ones. Do you see this heaped bowl?

tomato harvest

I've picked this amount, or more, several times this summer (let's all hear it for the water walls!). You know that means I've been on several *Drive-by Fruitings*. I even used them to paid-in-kind when I got Beatrix serviced last. (OK, so I paid the bill and gave Elisha some tomatoes... let's not get technical!)

I'd be interested to know if anyone else ended up with any mutant fruit or vegetables this summer.

1 comment:

Laura H said...

Oh my goodness. Those are gorgeous tomatoes. I would eat mutant tomatoes any day!