Sep 14, 2011

Healing & Bugs

Healing is one of the most wonderful things that we have been blessed with. We know that there are so many different kinds of healing: physical, emotional, mental, social... I've been the recipient of so much healing but the one I want to address today is the physical healing.

Three months ago today I had my hands *surgered* (carpel tunnel release). I couldn't have guessed how that would effect me. I didn't realize how much I used my hands until they were out of commission!

Yesterday, I had my first *I'm finally getting back to normal* day. It was wonderful! I made baby Chloe a raggy-row quilt (and didn't take a pix... what's up with that?). Those raggy quilts take lots and lots and LOTS of clipping. I'd given up making them because my hand would go numb after about 2 rows of clipping. I was smart (how's that for a change?) and took two days to clip this one but never did my hands hurt or get numb. I CAN LIKE THIS!

But as if that wasn't enough THEN I went outside to do some yard work. I picked peaches, did a little weeding AND mowed the lawn! My hands never hurt once! What a wonderful blessing. I thank my Heavenly Father daily for my recovery.

What does all of this have to do with bugs? Umm... nothing!

But I love this feisty little fellow and his long shadow!

mantis

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

So glad that your generous hands are back to normal. Hope you got some rest because I don't know that you will take resting time much now!!! Love you, my Joanie!!

Anke said...

I am so happy for you! I don't think I could stand not being able to use my hands either!
What a great shot, awesome shadow!