Aug 26, 2008

Madison's Quilt- spoiler alert

Our youngest granddaughter was born back in May. Even though it is customary for Grammie to make quilts for the babies, I'd not made one for Madison because Aunt Suzi said she was going to make one. But then Suzi had little Ethan and that plan got sidetracked.


When Kristi and Madison were here the end of May Kristi requested a Grammie quilt for Madison. Knowing how much Kristi loves red I thought I'd take a chance and make one of my favorites using my the redwork card I got when I had my Husqvarna sewing machine.


The good news is that even though I used it up, wore it out on the machine itself and had to replace it a year and a half ago, I sent the card to Auntie P to use with her machine.







I called P and asked her if she would do up the blocks for me so I could do this quilt for Maddie and she graciously agreed. Now it is finally finished, pack up and waiting to be sent of to little Maddie. I hope she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.

3 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Oh, you know I love this quilt! RED! Such a wonderful collaboration between you and Auntie P. That is one lucky baby.

Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Joan, the quilt turned out beautiful. I love the red work to and want to make a quilt using it. I love the black and beige one you quilted for me.

Miss you and hope to be able to come see Twilight with you.

Love P

Sarah E Boucher said...

Extremely adorable auntie. When do I get a quilt? I lOVE red...one of my favorite colors.