Aug 15, 2008

Polkie-Dottie Toes

Last evening I just needed to get out for a walk. My shoulders were all stiff and achy from hunching over the computer too much. So about 8:30 I sneaked out of the house without Harley (walking with him is not a restful experience!) On my way home I found my friends down the street outside putting out the trash (lovely ritual, isn't it?) They are an all female household, like the one I grew up in and I always feel very comfortable there in their multi-generational femaleness. We sat on their brand-new front porch and admired the concrete steps and walk that had just been poured earlier that day. Their contractor is doing a very nice job.

Then Sandie came out and I just about flipped over her toenails! I just love being bare footed or in sandals and it is so fun to have cute toenails. Well, this was the tops as far as I was concerned! Sandie'd had hers done at a shop but told me the girl had just done the design with dotters. Being an old tole painter I have dotters galore at my house.

Today I made a Wal-mart run and picked up the black polish, I already had the white on hand (three bottles to be exact, two of which were so old they wouldn't even move!) I had lots of fun giving myself an "at home" pedicure and then making polkie-dotties.

I wish I had foot-model feet, but as we all know I don't... I have Fred Flintstone Feet... but even Fred feet need to be cute.
*Antique Paper PhotoShop Action from Michelle Coleman @ littledreamerdesigns.com

8 comments:

NanaSue said...

Absolutely adorable! So Joanie... and I love the sandals because they do perfectly with your polkie dotties. Happy Birthday.

Janna said...

Wow you did such a great job! I really thought those were Sandie's toes they look so cute!

Anonymous said...

WOW I love your poki doti toes. I want some.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, you get younger every year (in a good way and that's a good thing).

Love ya, P

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

Happy Happy Birthday Joanie Dear!
Happy days will come to you all year!
If I had one wish than it would be,
A happy happy birthday to you from me!

I love your birthday party toes. So cute!

Love,
Cindy

debra said...

First off:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU CUTE LADY!

Second:
Your toes look a little bit too cute! I'll come over and let you paint mine whenever you want, k? Just so you can brushup on your skills :P

and Third:
Thanks for coming over and visiting with us on our unfinished porch- it was SO fun! You're always welcome here!

Anke said...

Really cute toes, I love it!

Sandie's Spot said...

Polka-dots Rock! Everyone needs to have cute toes! You're awesome to do your own!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Happy bday auntie! Wanna do my toes? I love polka dots, they are my favorite-est!