Aug 19, 2008

Better Never Late... Thanksgiving Point Gardens

When I was a child I learned the phrase, "Better late than never!" to which someone (perhaps Helen) would add, "Better never late!"

So here I am in my lateness! Two weeks ago today my friend Diane and I went to see the Thanksgivng Point Gardens not too far from where we live. It was the first "girl activity" that I remember doing with a friend here that is unrelated to a church activity. Thanksgiving Point has a wonderful array of gardens.

(Mt. Timpanogos as seen from the path entering the gardens.)


I went up and met Diane at her work and she drove from there to Thanksgiving Point. I am only familiar with what can be seen from the freeway having never visited the gardens before. The gardens are tuck away out of sight.

We couldn't have chosen a better day. It was the first day that wasn't blazing hot (well, blazing hot for Utah ;) It was overcast and threatened showers, but that just made for wonderful lighting for my photos.


So if you would like to walk along with us I will take you on a virtual tour of the gardens.















7 comments:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

My goodness they are so lush that it looks like they're in Hawaii! So gorgeous. Next time I'm visiting you need to take me there.

Love,
Cindy

Joanie said...

You bet I will! I've thought of you this week while both of us AREN'T going to Ed Week. We had fun last year. Love you,

Anke said...

can I come too? Gorgeous, gorgeous! Love those waterfalls!

Sarah E Boucher said...

I have been to Thanksgiving Point but never to the gardens. Sad to have been so close a number of times and never to have seen them. Very beautiful and worth the trek apparently. Ever tried the Red Butte Gardens by the U? Much smaller than this, but pretty interesting/pretty too.

Ukulele Blake said...

the flower gardens look so similar to those I've seen in France. So now I wont have to go so far.

Anonymous said...

I want to go to. It would be fun outing for us. Click, Click, Click all the way through the gardens.

Beautiful pictures.

Love P

debra said...

I'm SO glad you loved it there and that you and my mama had a fun little outing! We have always loved that place, I love the hidden treasures at the Gardens.