Aug 30, 2008

Embrace the Cowlick


While blobbing (ok, I just saw this typo and had to leave it LOL!! ;)) about canning I posted a photo of myself at age 20. I was surprised to see that since then (hmm... 36 years ago) I've changed my hair part to the other side.

The main reason for this is that I have this cowlick (ya think??) and by parting on the left I could camouflage this "flaw".

Since I started letting my hair grow out I've been a little frustrated because my hair wouldn't do what I wanted it to do, like: have some body, curl forward, stay out of my eyes, you get the picture.

So last night when I was getting ready for bed I thought, let's just try the old right-side part. Voila! I've got hair that curls forward, some body on the top, stays out of my eyes... imagine that??

Who says you can't make an old dog revert to old tricks!

3 comments:

Anke said...

You are too funny Joanie! Love your hair like this!

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I have a cowlick on the other side very similar to yours! I've found it to be a great friend just like you've discovered. Your hair looks so cute!

Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Joanie! Happy Belated Birthday...from a fellow leo and friend. When I got your email I noticed your blog. Thanks to it, I stayed up till 1:00am reading it. I about fell out of the Lazy Boy Chair when I read about Stuart. Wow! A Daddy. Thats great. I sure miss seeing and talking to you. Hopefully the next time I come up that way I will get a chance to come visit. Everytime I have been up that way it's been a quick one night trip. If your down this way give me a call. Miss Ya, Star
P.S. The photos and scrapbooking is incredible. One day you'll have to teach me the tricks.