Nov 22, 2008

Amazing Weather

I've just enjoyed one of those rare November weeks for this climate! I've been out in the yard a couple of days in a short-sleeved shirt and working up a sweat (well, a glisten!).

I'd like to tell you that this is Southern CA weather until I actually look at the thermometer! The day-time highs are in the 50s but when I'm pushing the lawn mower back and forth (and back and forth) that is a delightful temperature! You ask why I'm doing so much lawn mowing this time of year? The answer is simple, yet stupid! We keep our lawn on the long side during the summer. It seems to help it stay green and nice. But if we don't mow it down short for the winter then, ick, we have a long matted mess to deal with in the spring. So Tuesday I mowed and hauled bags of grass to the recycling center. Ah, but today I scored! My neighbor, who owns a pickup truck was doing the same thing and I just added to his load. Between his yard, his in-law's yard and my yard we filled the back of his full sized truck! That's a lot of yard refuse!!! (LOL)

I love these "out-of-season" days that we get! They are such a treat! We can all appreciate a wonderful snowy winter day or a balmy summer evening... but a calm, warm November day... pure heaven!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Yes, Sis, I love the daytime temps too. Great time for yardwork.
Another reason to mow the lawn?? In the fall, I "vacuum up the leaves!" So glad you are enjoying your work, and your yard is so wonderful!
Love ya, Annie