Nov 5, 2008

A Happy Day... A Happy Visit







I love happy days! And Sunday was a special happy day! "Little" Tadgh (who you will notice is almost as tall as his Grammie!!) was ordained a deacon.

My mother, the original Grammy, always made a point of being with her grandchildren on their special days. It meant so much to her and to them. With such a marvelous example how could I do anything different?








We left for church in a lovely rainstorm and by the time we returned everything was clean and fresh for family photos.

(Wait... what happened to the other boys? What happened to all the photos that WEREN'T taken of the Halloween costumes that we'd worked on like house-elves for 2.5 days??? Sad, very sad!!)

I guess that a story will have to try to paint the rest of the photos... but how lame is that?? Rebekah got the bright idea that she and Curt would dress up as Ron and Hermione, consequently I needed to be Professor Umbridge! (Hey! Alice-band, toad, square... do I resemble that remark?) So from the minute I arrived on Wednesday afternoon until the minute we walked out the door on Friday night we worked (yes, like house-elves) on the costumes. We made some very good likenesses of these characters plus Link, from Zelda, Indiana Jones and a J-something from the Star Wars movies. We braided Bek's hair so she would have Hermione's bushy brown hair. Bek even printed of Gryffindor patches for their robes.

When I told her we hadn't gotten any photos she told me "Some lady took pictures of us." Yeah, so do you know her? Are we going to get copies? Hmmm... I guess that is what I get for leaving my camera back at her house!!!

Prior to the Flynn visit I was in Palmdale and I even got to star on Auntie P's blog (see, it really is all about me!!). Now I am on the last leg of my trip... sitting in a Motel 6 in Elko, NV catching up my blog! What a lovely trip and visit with all my wonderful California family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No Halloween pictures? I'm shocked and appalled. However, the pictures of this special day are really nice. When did Tadhg get so grown up. He is definitely a young man of quality.

Anke said...

Oh well, at least you have these gorgeous shots. Btw., I really like your hair at this length, it is very becoming!

leannewitney said...

Um, can I just say how fabulous you look with your hair!!! It makes you look so young! love your blog.. :)

Sarah E Boucher said...

Wow, the red hair! Love it! We love the red hair in the Boucher family. I'd love to see Ron and Hermione...bet they were adorable. Post some pics if you get them! Glad you had a great time auntie! Our family is the best!