Nov 19, 2008

Baby Caden


Don't you just love it when you start remembering all the fun stories that are rattling around in your brain? I do! But, for those who know me, you know that I am such a story girl!!

Yesterday's reminiscencings about Brock (and my niece Sarah's comments about her niece Amy almost eating a beetle!! Ugh!) made me remember some of my favorite Caden stories... so this is his day to shine!

My first favorite thing that he would DO is walk up to me and put his little hands up, just so (ha! I have photographic proof!) and then open and close them to indicate that he wanted me to pick him up. (Now you tell me... doesn't that just melt any Grammie's heart?) Then once I got him up he would gently pat my shoulder. (Just like we did to him!) The happiest thing about this sweet little boy is that at 9-years old he still gently pats my back. (But fortunately, I don't have to pick him up!)







The grossest thing this little guy did was, well, GROSS! Simba, our enormous orange tabby cat had his litter box in the downstairs bathroom. When the little boys were visiting everyone was usually pretty good about keeping the door closed, BUT one day someone left the door open and little Caden went in, opened the cupboard under the sink, found a toothbrush and proceeded to brush his teeth... WITH CAT LITTER! (eewww!)... CLUMPING CAT LITTER!! (triple eewww! notice we skipped the double?) Rebekah had to dig it out from behind his bottom teeth with her fingernail (shudder!)

(This is Caden safely locked out of the cat-litter room!)








On a visit to Grammie's house in December 2000 Caden created the fodder for one of his funniest stories. Buddi, my little American Cocker, just loved "her babies". She would cry with joy when they arrived for a visit. Caden had a little toy stuffed dog that looked a lot like Grammie's Buddi, so he named his doggie, Buddy. Caden loved to chew on his Buddy's nose. So one evening he marched right over to Grammie's Buddi and opened up wide to chew on her nose! Funny thing is, she probably would have let him if we hadn't stopped him.

What a joy to have these happy memories all stored away for future use!!

1 comment:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

eewwww!!! I was wondering if he used fresh or used.... just the thought makes me want to 'woof my cookies'....

What a hoot these little ones give us!