Nov 22, 2008

BYU vs UTAH... grudge match!


The ultimate grudge match of the Mountain West Conference kicked off at about 4:15pm today. It had all the promise of a good game... and it was a good game. Good in so many ways, try 12,000,000 of them, dollars! Yup, that is what the MWC gets to split from the BCS. (Do you really think I understand any of this except the $12 million part? Think again! I just know what I'm told.)

This grudge match becomes very personal in my family with 2 UofU graduates and 2 from BYU. There is plenty of good natured razzing that goes on. Apparently this match-up has been going on since the late 1800's!! (In general, not in my family!) I just went looking for some photos online and found out that this whole grudge match is dubbed the Holy War and is featured at Wikipedea.

So am I ever going to get to the point? Sadly, yes, BYU got taken to the woodshed and given quite a whoopin!!! BYU 24 - U of U 48. (I think perhaps only Max Hall should be taken to the woodshed this time. Poor Maxie did NOT have a good game.

Just remember the $$$... I just keep telling myself that!





Silly-ness, says I... look at this... a video game!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

We enjoyed LAST week's game so much with you and your BYU kiddies. It was fun!!
This week?? Well, the radio was good enough. Utah is tough in SLC, same as BYU is in Provo.
Love your comments. You have a flair for them!!!
Love ya!