May 19, 2011

Tender Mercies

In April 2005, just 6 months after Elder David A Bednar was sustained as an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, he gave a beautifully moving conference address, The Tender Mercies of the Lord. I wept through his talk because I have been the recipient of just those tender mercies from the Lord!

"The Lord’s tender mercies do not occur randomly 
or merely by coincidence."

The ancient prophet Nephi states, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." 1 Nephi 1:20

flowers

This day, Amanda's 35th birthday, I was the recipient, once again, of a tender mercy from the Lord. I love to see Him work through those who love Him and are receptive to His promptings. My sweet friend, Maureen, appeared today with this beautiful mum to brighten my day. She had no idea it was Amanda's birthday. Yes, a tender mercy from the Lord.


2 comments:

Grandma Rebecca said...

What a beautiful message...thank you for the reminder! Love you, Joanie! Xoxoxo

Sarah E Boucher said...

I loved this one too. It's a good phrase, and a concept we can all ponder a bit more, how the Lord works in little ways in our lives. Like getting me into a condo in an amazingly short amount of time...apparently just where I need to be :)