May 7, 2011

Smells Like Heaven

One of my favorite things about spring (oh, let me count the ways!) is my lilacs blooming. I think heaven must smell like that!

I've always enjoyed spring, but I think it is an even happier time this year because it has been so slow in coming. My sweet lilacs stayed in the bud stage for the better part of April!

This lilac lives just outside my back door and is ruffled. I've blogged about it before it is called My Favorite Lilac (which is so true!)

flowers,lilac

I also have the un-ruffled variety like we had in Greenville when I was growing up.

flowers,lilac

When we moved here 6 years ago I added the three lilac bushes that are along the back of the house. Imagine my surprise when I found that there were 4 other lilac bushes in my little 1/4 acre of heaven! The ones not pictured here are a variety I'd ever seen before. They are very frail... that's the only word I can think of that describes them. They still are in the very beginning of bud stage.

The other beauty that caught my eye when I was out on my photographic explore was my back door neighbor's pear tree... just beautiful. (I can already taste their luscious, juicy fruit.)

flowers,trees

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Lilacs. Amen. :)