Apr 7, 2008

Ashton's Day to Shine


One of the best parts about our move to Utah 3 years ago is that we are now closer to some of our grandchildren (unfortunately, the others are all much too far away!)

Last August as we anticipated Ashton's baptism I asked her if she would like me to make her second white dress. (There is a poem about "my 3 white dresses"- blessing, baptism and wedding). She was very excited at the prospect of having some input into this second white dress. We went to JoAnn's Fabrics one day and looked at all the pattern books until she found the dress that just suited her. It is interesting, if I had been choosing, I would have gone frilly, but Ashton knows her style, and well, she just isn't a frilly! She choose a darling two-piece dress with princess lines in the bodice and big Renaissance bell-sleeves.


The day of her baptism it snowed and it made the perfect backdrop for her photo-op! She danced and twirled in the snow for the camera. It was wonderful to be with her on her special day.

I love the fact that I can be a real part of my grandchildren's live... that is the joy of being a grandparent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darling photos of your little princess! She is so enjoying the dance in the snow, and that dress turned out perfect! You are blessed.
Sue