Apr 2, 2008

Fur-Covered-Sack-of-Trouble

When Buddi first came to live with us Gordon said she was a fur-covered-sack-of-love, and it was so true... but now that we have Harley we both readily admit that he is a fur-covered-sack-of-trouble! If there is mischief, he can usually find it!

This day Pauline forgot to close her bedroom door when she went to shower. Pretty soon I can smell this minty-smell and I think that P has used something fun in the shower. I called to ask her what it was, and as I looked I was met with powder... all down the hallway, down the stairs, across the dining room, through the front room and onto the back of the couch (Harley's favorite place to watch the neighborhood!) I honestly don't know how he could make such a mess with only a travel-size container of powder... but he sure did! It even filtered down to the family room and was on the TV table!


Of course, he was so cute I had to take take photos of him with his powdered-bum and his mess. He came back into my work room after I'd cleaned up the couch and gave me this very innocent face... YEAH! I'm not falling for it!

As long as this is a Harley post I have to comment on just how different dog personalities are. I don't know why it never occurred to me before, but they are just a different as people. Harley, being a boy (well, technically a boy) has decided that he is going to hang with the boys. I always go to bed before Gordon. Amber and Buddi always went to bed at the same time I did. But this only lasted about a month with Harley. Now he comes upstairs with me to "check out" what I am doing and the high-tails it back downstairs to stay up half the night and party with Papa! Ahh, but when he comes to bed with Papa he doesn't want to sleep with Papa (Papa doesn't allow snuggling). He will walk to my side of the bed, to within inches of my head, and stare at me. Well, he has be well trained, I lift up the covers and he scoots in, turns around so his head is out and snuggles right in.

Funny little dog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Joan, love the digi stuff!! Andrea

Anonymous said...

What an innocent little face!! What's not to love? OK, so he's a mischievous boy, but it's FUNNY, right? Sue