Apr 23, 2008

Grammie duties

I just finished my 9 day stint with the Flynn boys. What fun! I've said to several people that visiting with my grandchildren without parents is a wonderful experience. It is a whole different experience than with parents. It gives the kids a chance to shine! It demonstrates all of their good home training. The boys were well behaved and we enjoyed each others company. Even though Bek and Curt were gone for 10 days the boys didn't seem to get to homesick for them. I guess that is a good sign that not only are they comfortable in their home life, but they are also comfortable with their Grammie!


It was very fortuitous that I was with them for this last lesson of Digi:in Deep over at JS.com. Bek couldn't believe the photo shots I got of the boys. "How did you get them to sit for you?" Must be grammie-powers! The funny part is that by the time I got the email about the photo assignment, the boys were already going in every different direction: Tadhg was going on a camping trip with the scouts, Caden was home and Brock was with his friend Quade for the afternoon. So I got two shots of Tadhg before he went camping and got Caden and Brock the next day. Well, then I needed to 'shop them together. I am very pleased with my results. Tadhg is 'shopped in behind Caden & Brock together. Bek agreed that perhaps that was the easiest way to get 3 good faces in one photo!!

I've been slow in completing this double page layout, I'm sure in part, because I know that this is the last class. I have learned so MUCH! I have really enjoyed this class- probably more than the Now We're Rockin'. Who knows, maybe I will need to go take some classes at one of the local Universities in graphic design! Might be fun!

So tomorrow, after another Riley visit today (layouts coming soon to a blog near you), I will need to make that long trek home (I dread that trip!!!) It will be nice to be back home with my own little family.

No comments: