Apr 18, 2008

Joanie's Little Crisis

This weeks assignment started on Saturday... yup, not the normal Monday. We were supposed to take a self-portrait in the mirror. I was struggling from the very beginning! I still was sick with bronchitis (well, getting over it), had driven 650 miles in that *weakened* state, and was tired and cranky, and just a tad-bit whiny!

I must have taken 50 photos all over the place: the backyard, the kitchen, the bathroom. Argh... all I could see was a pirate eye (arh me matey!) and Relief Society arms!! Not a pretty sight.

Pauline dragged me out to see the poppies... yes, I am ashamed to say, she had to drag me (remember: tired, cranky, whiny?) That was just the tonic I needed to happy up... happy little flowers!!

While I was out there I saw my shadow on the poppies and thought, "I'm a rebel... I'll take a photo of my shadow on the poppies and nuts with the mirror!!"

When I came back I went to the JS forum and found some good suggestions for the mirror self-portrait, got it in only a few shots and was ready for part two, scanning my fingerprint (which went much easier... how hard is it to stick your finger on an ink pad and then on paper??)


Monday found me busily working with the photo here at Bek's house. I'm very pleased with the results. But tonight I wanted to play around with those rebel photos I took almost a week ago in the poppy fields. I am equally pleased with those results! Happy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joanie:
You are truly an artist! Did you know that? Your design vision and the humor you bring into it is amazing. I really enjoy looking at your scrapbook pages. Thanks again for inviting me down to visit with you for a day. It was fun. Love you, Sue (my secret word ID is "hnphnr" which reminds me of a Dr. Seuss word - funny.)