Dec 3, 2009

337-DYI Joanie's Way

Sometime in the last few years I've been able to make a wonderful shift... now DYI means *call one of our sons and they come and do it for me*! (this give the term *how hard can it be?* a whole new meaning!) Whee-haw!

We've had an unsightly grating, left over from when we still had a swamp cooler, since we got our air conditioning in May 2008. Ryan is the man of the hour this time. He came down today and in no time at all had that hole all patched up and lookin' good. Then he replaced the trim around the crawl space door that was all cracked and gnarly.

337- ry

Ryan brought in our compressor to run the finish nailer... but look what Harley thought about that! "Help me Mamma... it's going to get me!" He came in and hid under my sewing machine where I was patching Ryan's designer jeans. (OK... here is a Mother's Rant... why do they pay $100+ for jeans that already have patches on them and other places that need to be patched?? That's what I want to know!)

337- harley hiding
FONT- Albemarle Swash, BRUSHS- Holly Pack by vaia.deviantart.com ACTION- DPMoms Perfect Workflow, TEXTURE- old photo 6

Look at that poor worried little face!

But my happiest new is that Ryan & Nikki put up heat tape on the front gutters and downspout... no more skating rink on the front steps and walk! (Some years I've had 1-2" of solid ice out there!!)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am grateful for the now-gone skating rink. That was scary. And that picture of Harley is so funny. And if it makes you feel any better, we don't spend $100 on pants - wholes and patches or not. And three cheers for Ryan, too!