Dec 29, 2009

363- Sunshine by the Bolt

I awakened this morning to find out that "Fritz was right" and that we are being treated to snow again. I love the snow, we need the snow, I'm grateful for the snow... but I miss the sunshine.

This sort of snowy-day always makes me want to quilt (or read, or both)... and you know what I realized today? It's because quilting lets me deal with all of those wonderful colors and textures that are so absent in the monotone landscape outside. Fabric is just a little bit of sunshine on a bolt!

And what could be happier than some beautiful, lickable batiks? I don't even want to admit how long I've been working on this quilt (over 8 years... sad, so sad...) But that is the beauty of quilting, it waits patiently for you to come back, pick it up again, add some more stitches until finally it is finished, loved and in use!

363- fabric sunshine

1 comment:

Sarah E Boucher said...

That is lovely! Can't wait to see the whole completed thing...maybe in another 8 years??? :)