Dec 13, 2009

347- O Holy Night

Today I had a wonderful Sabbath, made better by some extra special things... I got to sing with *my very own sister* in Sacrament meeting today! (But did I think to get a picture of us looking all musical and pretty... nope... I forgot!)

347- o holy night

I was scheduled to sing a solo today but when Ann called Saturday afternoon to say their plans had changed, because of our snow storm, and could they spend the night and go to church with us I jumped on the opportunity to sing once again with my sister. We sang "O Holy Night"; one of my favorite Christmas hymns.

The arrangement I have comes from this book of Mom's costing $1 in 1949! After Mom passed away I asked if I could have this small book of music that we sang from and, then later, I sang from with Vivian when we moved back to Greenville after I was married.

One of our favorite things to do when we were growing up was to sing around the piano with Mom playing and the three of us (sisters) singing. It just gives me a warm feeling inside to remember those days. It reminds me of just how lucky I was to be born into a family where there was so much love and big sisters "who prayed for me!"

3 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

After waking up to a few inches of snow on the ground and more coming down, I am glad they went your way. And from what mom said, she had a lovely time singing with you too. Glad your friend could change the key for you :) I'd like to be able to do that someday!

Laura H said...

Always loved the way you sang. Sisters Rule!!

Mom and Dad said...

What a wonderful blessing that was, Joanie!! So much fun to sing together. Thanks for being my Sis! You are so choice!!!