Dec 20, 2009

354- Light

Today was our Christmas program at church. The choir sang, beautifully, I might add. I am a firm believer in the saying that you work as if everything depends upon you and pray as if everything depends upon the Lord (which it does!) I've never been in a ward where there was so much talent and participation in choir.

The choir members have worked very hard, but I've also prayed for those unseen, yet heard, heavenly voices to join us in our praise of the Christ Child. My favorite is The First Noel/Pachebel's Canon. The music just speaks to my soul.

We had two speakers today interspersed with the childrens choir and the ward choir. One of the speakers was talking about the symbols of the season. Do you ever have something so obvious suddenly make sense to you? That was my experience today. The lights that we use to light our homes, yards and trees are a symbol of Jesus Christ, the Light of the World.

354- light

How grateful I am for this wonderful time of year when we celebrate that marvelous event that has changed all of our lives.

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Joanie, I am so impressed with the musical talent you have nurtured over the years. Who would NOT want to sing with you?? Choir practice should be fun and enlightening and you make that way! Wish we had you here!
Yes, I am grateful for this blessed season and the sweet heavenly Gift and gifts it celebrates.