Dec 6, 2009

340- First Snow

This morning I woke to quite a surprise! There was a foot of new snow on the ground that wasn't there last night!

I just love the first snow of the season. It is so clean, soft, and quiet. Have you ever noticed how snow brings a blanket of silence with it?

After church this afternoon I took my camera outside to get some good shots in the sunset light of all the beautiful drifts of new snow... and what did I see? Hiding under a snow-cap was this little, miniature rose, perfectly dried and still on the bush (does that give you a good idea how dry our climate is?) I just couldn't resist snapping it for today's photo.

340- faded rose in snow

But I also had to record that I am still not to old to make Snow Angels. I made this one this morning before choir!

340- snow angel
FONT- Albemarle Swash, BRUSHS- Holly Pack by vaia.deviantart.com ACTION- CoffeeShopBakeryGlazes, TEXTURES- Old Lace, Fake TTV Texture 8

1 comment:

Sarah E Boucher said...

I am not too OLD to make a snow angel...what I am is too COLD to make a snow angel! I am in the perpetual state of CHILLY these days...BRrrrrr! (Awesome pic of the baby rose by-the-by!)