Jul 27, 2010

208- Tiny Filly

Yesterday as I was out delivering apricots I saw this darling little filly! I pulled a quick U-turn, dug my marsupial-pocket-camera out of the depths of my ginormous purse and was out like a flash!

This little girl isn't very old. I saw something going on with her that I've never seen on a *baby* horse before... she is shedding her birth coat almost like a little downy chick!

208- down

You can easily see the patches around her eyes and on her nose, but standing up you can see them on other parts of her body.

208- up

I crooned to her and she got up from her little nap and came to see me... but so did a BOSSY little palomino pony who was determined that this baby didn't get any lovin'! Swine-pony! But before the swine-pony started biting her I did get some rubs in on her sweet little face. Makes me just want to bring her home with me!

2 comments:

Dean and Sheri said...

Oh so, so sweet. I ALWAYS pull over and gawk at the foals in the spring. Is this a late baby? Don't they usually come in the spring? Years ago our friends lived next door to horse owners. They called us up one afternoon and said the mare next door had just had her foal. We rushed right over. What a sweet and memorable sight that was.

Dean and Sheri said...

Had to come and take another look! Love this baby.