Jul 30, 2010

211- Currant Jam (Whatelse?)

So, lasterday, I worked like a crazy woman, or perhaps the Little Red Hen:
  • I pick the berries
  • I cleaned the berries
  • I de-stemmed the berries (with help from Hanky-Spanky)
  • I went to a bridal shower (WHAT? when did the Little Red Hen ever get to go to bridal showers?)
  • I steamed the berries
  • I juiced the berries and then I collapsed in a heap on my favorite basking chair on the deck and did some star-gazing.

211- currant jam

That means that this morning I needed to turn all of that pulp and juice into Currant jam! Boy do we ever love red currant jam here. It is so wonderfully tart, sweet and zingy!

I ended up with 28 pints of that luscious red spreadable nectar!

1 comment:

Laura H said...

Mary and I were just wondering what a currant taste like. Mary thinks sour?? What do you say?