Jul 11, 2010

190- Camille and Kevin's Wedding Day

... what a blessing! Kevin received his clearance at Wednesday at 4 pm... 46 hours before their marriage for time and all eternity! What a beautiful day!

Please meet Mr and Mrs Kevin Maynard...



And there to welcome them was Kevin's youngest, Elise. What a precious moment. (Brennan, Kevin's son, and Christian are cheering them on as well.)



Then hugs with Kaia.



At this point Joe came to me and said, "You give me that camera. You don't need to worry about it today." What a sweetheart. Although I normally want to be behind the camera THIS DAY I was pleased to have someone else take over.



Hillary took us immediately for a group photo so that those who wanted to leave could do so. I can hardly wait to see her photos.

We all shouted for joy on this VERY joyous occasion! And yes, a marriage is always a joyous occasion, but this one was made even more so by the tender mercies of the Lord on our behalf.



Gordon, Joanie, Camille, Kevin, Shirley, Kay... what a happy day.



Camille and Kevin with his sisters, Amy and Deidra.



Kevin and Camille with 7 of her 10 siblings. Erik, Kevin (yes... brother Kevin), Kristi, Stuart, Spencer, Rebekah and Doug.



The first time I saw this pose I fell in love with it!! It was at Kristi's wedding. So here are Camille and her brothers.



Right after the brothers put Camille down here's Stuart and Kevin getting into the act.



Now THIS is a wonderful group: Camille, with; two sisters, two sister-by-choice and two sisters-in-law! What a lucky girl!
Deidra, Amy, Desi, Camille, Rebekah, Katie, Kristi. What a sweet group of girls...



... with beautifully pedicured toes.



And much thanks to Auntie P for capturing this on with my camera. My babies... I started bawling the minute I saw this!



I was so pleased with their wedding cake. I loved the design they created and the flowers Rebekah arranged on it. And it was so yummy! I'm sorry that every single layer was eaten-all-gone! (Yes, even the top layer. Kevin doesn't like leftovers and the thought of year-old cake just didn't appeal to him. LOL)



They were such a classy couple; no cake mashing here.



OK... this was another moment on my Cry-day. The daddy daughter dance. I love this tradition. Gordon twirled her off to her new husband...



And this is the look of pure love.



You know the Disney Princesses? Meet Princess Camille.



Years ago... real close to 50 my big sister, Annie taught me to swing dance. We swung.



We hugged. I cried.



Somehow I totally missed the bouquet toss, but Camille's only un-married former roommate, Jackie, caught it. You're next Jackie!

And I'm quite sure that Alex, Desi's husband, coached Kevin on this one! What a funny. Brennan can't quite believe it.



Kevin said he thought it was rigged that only Stuart and two 8-year olds were there for the garter toss.



Again... I was without camera when the happy couple drove away in Kevin's BMW convertible... what a classic shot.

And there it is... the end of MY photos. I can hardly wait for all the rest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw the last post with all the decorating. It looked like a wonderful wedding. Great job on the dresses. Your daughter looked so beautiful. I hate to say the old phrase, but they do grow up fast. Congrats to you and the whole family.
Mary

Skinner Family said...

I am so glad we were able to stop in for a few minutes. Everything was beautiful!! Next time we are in town we will have to go to dinner again :)

Sarah E Boucher said...

So wonderful to see all the beautiful photos and memories of that day. And I was so pleased to be able to share part of it with you. Love you and your adorable family...our adorable family!

Mom and Dad said...

Thank you for sharing the photos!
I love the sibling shots at the temple -- esp. the one of your twinsies all grown up.
A lovely cake!
And I love all the dancing pics.
It was a lovely, lovely party for the kids, Joanie!