Nov 10, 2010

314- Temple Poppy

I mentioned about 6 weeks ago that it was only a matter of time before they gardeners at the Temple pulled up all the beautiful summer flowers to plant for next spring. It always kills me. Sure enough the next week they'd been replaced.

This year they planted mostly primroses; whereas previously they've planted mostly pansies. What I didn't know until they started poking up their happy little faces is there are also Icelandic Poppies! What a wonderful treat. Because of our temperate fall they've been tricked... and I love it.

I pulled out my mpc as I was leaving today and captured this beauty. It wasn't until I got home, uploaded and looked that I saw the words that I love so much. Holiness to the LORD The House of the LORD.

314- temple poppy

2 comments:

Dean and Sheri said...

Stunning! Simply stunning. Looks like a painting.

Sarah E Boucher said...

I love it that they do that! At BYU with their underground heated flower beds the flowers poke up through the snow to greet you almost all year :)