Nov 15, 2010

319- Cloud Choices

I tend to go through periods where my trusty Rebel XS is my close companion... there are so many things to capture that day.  I end up with way too many to post on one day.

Then there are stretches of long, grey days where there just isn't anything that photo-worthy. It is on those days (such as this day) when I start digging through my files and see what I've missed on one of those *high-photo-days*.

This cloud shot caught my eye; immediately I could hear Joni Mitchell's song (Both Sides Now) in my head.

319- clouds

When I *Googled-up* the lyrics I found something that spoke to my beautiful-cloud/grey-cloud dilemma!
Rows and flows of angel hair,
And ice cream castles in the air,
And feather canyons everywhere,
I've looked at clouds that way.

But now they only block the Sun,
They rain and snow on everyone.
So many things I would have done,
But clouds got in my way.


I've looked at clouds from both sides now,
From up and down, and still somehow,
It's cloud illusions I recall,
I really don't know clouds, at all.

As I've sat here and pondered all of this I realized how much life is like my photo-ops.  Some days are bursting with positive energy; some days, well, not so much.

I'm grateful that I have looked at clouds from both side... the black, threatening ones, the silver-lining variety and my personal favorite, pink tinged.  I'm also grateful that I've learned NOT to let those black, threatening clouds get in my way!

I always have the option to go dig around in my mental photo-stash and find those happy, pink cloud days.  Happy thought!  So even on gloomy-grey days I CHOOSE to see those pink edged clouds... It's always my choice!

No comments: