Nov 21, 2010

325- The Last Leaf

Just as predicted the snow moved in about midnight last night. We have a blanket of about 1-2" of snow on the ground with slop on the roads (Fritz said it would be like this!)

From my bedroom window I can see all of the trees in my neighbor's orchard. He has several pear trees right along the fence that are just beautiful in the fall (they have been feature here before and, by the way, grow yummy pears that hang over the fence for me to pick and enjoy!) I was walking through my bedroom earlier and a flash of red caught my eye! What? A robin? Out in this weather? I did a double take and saw that it was just one of the flaming red leaves on the pear tree.

325- last leaf

I couldn't help remembering the story The Last Leaf  by O Henry and how it has always moved me.

What a wonderful analogy of the Savior's love for us and the power of the atonement. All we have to do is keep believing and working towards that Heavenly goal...

No comments: