Dec 30, 2010

364- Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Anyone who's read my blog for very long will realize that I LOVE BREAD! baking and eating! It has been a passion of mine since I started to cook 45+ years ago. And I do have to say that I was never truly happy with the results until I got my Bosch Mixer in 1977. That is when I became a good bread baker!

I ran across a recipe this fall at Pioneer Woman's Blog for this Cinnamon Swirl Bread and found that it was very tasty! I've made it several times, but last night's loaf really *took the cake bread*!

I've loved cinnamon raisin toast since I was a tiny girl and last night at this time I just NEEDED some cinnamon raisin bread.  Oh, yummy!

364- yum

Doesn't this just make your mouth water?

364- cinnamon toast

Maybe you should give it a try... you won't be sorry.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
  • This dough rises much faster for me than indicated in the original recipe (I use Red Star Active Yeast and store it in the freezer). It rises double in 30-45 minutes.
  • When I brushed the top of my loaf with the egg/milk mixture it caused the bread to stick to the pan
  • Be sure to use a 9x5x3 or larger loaf pan.  This is a large loaf and will spill over the edges of a smaller pan
  • I preheat my oven for about 3 minutes (doesn't matter what temperature setting), turn off the oven, turn on the oven light,  then put my loaf in the warm oven to rise.  Remove the risen loaf before preheating the oven to bake it. (I do this with all my bread except in the middle of summer.)
  • Oh yeah, add raisins to PW's recipe (click on link above, she has cool step by step photos)

No comments: