Dec 4, 2011

Snow-topped Thistle

Yesterday we took a little jaunt down (or is it up) to Elk Ridge. A friend who lives there had tickets for a BYU Ballet Showcase that I was picking up (which was wonderful!).

We woke up to a sprinkling of snow here in Springville, but as we proceeded up the mountain to Elk Ridge I saw fields of darling little thistles wearing their festive little fluffy caps! There were acres of them!

snow topped thistle

Aren't they so cute? Yeah, and by the way... I took this with my new iPhone- my newest MPC! (I'm in love!)

texture layers-

 kk_look up- blending mode-color burn 71%
kk_serious magic- blending mode- screen 96%

5 comments:

Julie said...

I do love this picture. :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful capture. It is like the feathered flower is looking the flash of light in the sky.

kareninkenai said...

love the perspective; wonderful composition. thanks so much for sharing it. karen {visiting from TT}

Unknown said...

great perspective...love your processing!


Light Trigger: our entry

Dean and Sheri said...

Beautiful, Joanie. Simply beautiful.