Jun 17, 2012

A Three-Hour Tour

On Tuesday I borrowed Kevin-son's pickup so I could haul several loads of branches/lilac trimmings to the green-waste lot. Harley rode along, cuz- DOGS LOVE TRUCKS! And that got me to thinking... I'd sure like to take a little dirt road jaunt.

My first thought was to take Harley but then I knew who REALLY needed to go... my Dee-Lor-EE-us! So I called and arranged to pick her up in about half an hour.

I really wanted to take the right fork of Hobble Creek Road to Diamond Fork Road that comes out on Hwy 6 in Spanish Fork Canyon; about half of the drive is paved so it should be a piece of cake.  It's about a 3 hour trip.

DeLoris and I love to take these types of road-trips backwards... you know start on the other end and work ourselves back. Hmmm... maybe that's not such a-good-fing-idea! I HAVE a Atlas and Gazetteer of Utah with back roads, recreations sites and GPS grids... but did I take it with me? NO... I knew where I was going. Urm... when we got the the fork in the road, we took the right fork (WRONG) and went for about an hour on an increasingly poor road before I finally stopped listening to DeLoris and turned around.(What, I ask, is wrong with me?  Hmm, that's too long a subject!)

So, SOMEWHERE on a road that isn't even on my Atlas and Gazetteer is this beautiful mountain, covered with fir and aspen.  It was a wonderful sight and I'm glad I got to share it with my DeLoris.

No comments: