Jul 11, 2019

Provo River Falls

How could we live in Utah for over 14 years and NEVER know about Provo River Falls? I only happened to find out about it because a friend at Ballerina Farm, posted about it!

So the very next day we went on a little explore up through Heber Valley to find it. The falls DID NOT disappoint! The winter snow run-off is wonderful! Such a rich blessing to this parched desert land!


I grew up in a little valley in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California so getting *back to nature* always feeds my soul!

We hiked around a little from the top of the falls (above) all the way down to this log *barracade* (you shouldn't go around that!)



But it is easy to see from down here (notice that the city mouse is still at the top) that there is also a *hand rail* one may use to get down to the bottom... although that is not how I went. I used nature's natural stairs down the face of the rocks AWAY from the water (raging river of death! sharp rocks at the bottom? bring it on!)

The minute I got down to the bottom and past this monolith, a distant relation to Stonehenge (see side view above)...


Instead of being this...


I was instantly this...

ANN, JOANIE, ELSIE, SUE
BURNEY FALLS CALIFORNIA
1957
The mist coming off the falls brought tears to my eyes, and joy and thankfulness to my heart. I was instantly revitalized and this darling little 5-year old ballerina again.

Gordon is always so patient with me when I am getting my nature (or photographic or potty or whatever) fix.  I so appreciate that about him!

I took my shoes off and put my toesies in the freezing water that instantly is TOO COLD!


And after a respectable (and respectful) amount of time, I bid farewell to this new *best friend*!


And, we will be back...

No comments: