Mar 8, 2008

Cute Page... took TOO long!

Lasterday (yes, this IS a real word!) I started working on this LO. It's the PSF (Photoshop Friday) challenge at Jessica Sprague's blog. The technique was the circle accent. (I chose to make mine off-center... a little like me!) I started with different papers and elements. I tried recoloring them but the more I worked on it the worse it got! Rebekah called making a very needed interruption in my frustrating day (interestingly enough, when she called today she told me she had a very similar day! Hmm... must be hereditary or something!)

After Bek's phone call I went back to the drawing board and started all over again. I just wanted paper that had more pop to it, something that matched my monochromatic animals! I got this one mostly finished and decided that I wanted the yellow mat on the circle to have texture like the journaling strips... SO... it was back to the drawing board again for that circle element. Fortunately, I'd made the first one a set size (10") so I could make the new one and drag it onto the layout. Since I'd added an adjustment layer all the "erased" part of the new circle could be erased with just a couple of matting clicks! Whew... I was almost finished!


I think the part I liked the best was when I started using my Distressed Tool Set No.6 by Anna. JSprague said this was one of her favorite tools/brushes and now I know why! It was so cool to brush on the white ink and not get any on my fingers. I have always liked that distressed or grungy look on scrapbook pages.



So now that I have blabbered on about how difficult, no, how time consuming getting this particular layout completed - do you think I should move on and actually post said layout? (Let's be brave, little Joanie... )

Buddi was the most gentle little soul there was. Gordon says, "Buddi's a fur-covered-sack-of-love!" And that best described our little Buddi-dog. She was always so kind with Simba. If she was eating anything and he walked up she would back away and share with him (not that HE ever appreciated that quality!)

We hadn't been in our house too long before Simba devised his most evil plan. That naughty boy-cat would lie in front of the dog door and not let Buddi in! What a skunk! He thought if he just laid there long enough that "stupid little dog" would go away... and he was right. Buddi did go away last March, most unexpectedly. The funny part to all of this is Simba didn't know when he had it good.

Now Harley is on the scene and an altogether different kind of cocker than Buddi was. He is much smarter (sorry Buddi) and he knows how to play (I don't know, maybe poor Buddi was to traumatized to play from being on the street for so long.) Harley is always ready for a game and he will give Simba as good as he gets.

I told Stuart, Simba's boy, that Buddi hooked up with Harley in Heaven and told him what a rough time Simba's boy used to give her ("Step-back or the little dog gets it!!", Stuart would say.) She told Harley, "Now it's pay-back time!" Harley isn't mean to Simba, perhaps a little pesty and he just wants to play and, frankly, Simba can't be bothered with the canine-variety.

1 comment:

Cindy Garber Iverson said...

I'm glad you persevered to get this great layout! It showcases the cute photos of "evil" Simba wonderfully. I just love Simba! I'm glad that he is allowing Harley to stay (hee hee).

Love,
Cindy